Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

Mommy decided to make a guest appearance on the blog just for Mother's Day, though you may not realize that Daddy is the one who writes most of the blog posts. Aden was thrilled to wish me a Happy Mother's Day many times as we ate breakfast and got ready for church. After I finished teaching Sunday School, I came home and Wiley greeted me wearing only a diaper. I commented, "Wiley, look at you in just your diaper!" "Diaper. Tummy," he responded, patting his diaper and then his bare tummy. Apparently Wiley took a spill on the way home and had to leave his clothes at the door. Aden proudly told me how he was sharing his cars with Wiley (and also how Daddy had taken the cars away for a while to help him remember to share). Then Aden asked how he could help me and quoted his Bible verse for me, "Honor your father and mother." As I was preparing for dinner, I heard Aden in the next room, announcing the things the boys were doing to help get ready for dinner. "Mommy, we got you a gift! . . . Mommy we made you a card! . . . Let's put the gift here on the table . . ." Aden and Wiley had each made me a homemade card, and I also got tea lights and a beautiful bamboo table runner. It was a wonderful day, and I am so thankful for the blessing of my children.


A few of the things I love as Aden and Wiley's Mommy:

I love to hear Wiley whisper when he is excited
I love to hear Aden learning Pidgin
I love to hear the boys laugh
I love to watch them imitate each other trying to get attention
I love to watch them grow
I love to hear Wiley learning to talk and put words together
I love to hear Aden's speech "growing up"
I love tight squeezes from Wiley
I love to see Aden's love of books and reading
I love to hear Aden pray
I love to see Wiley stretch out his arms to pray before meals
I love to watch them sleep
I love to see their love for each other
I love Wiley's curls (and can't cut them off!)
I love to hear Aden learning Bible verses
I love to see their unique personalities and how they are different

It is my prayer as their Mommy that they can see Jesus' love in me, and want to be like him because they see Him in me.

1 comment:

Andy and Judy said...

Beautiful, Jill! What a privilege it is to 'mother'.