Sunday, April 27, 2008

Aden Needs Attention!

I knew that Aden would sometimes get a little jealous of the attention that Wiley received from mommy and daddy, but I had never seen it quite so obvious as today. We were in Aden's room playing today, while mommy took a nap on the couch. Aden and daddy were playing on one side of the room with some cards that Wiley would undoubtedly try to eat if he were near them. Wiley was on the other side of the room rolling around and grabbing at anything that happened to be near him. I looked over and he had trapped himself between a bookshelf and nightstand. His feet were tangled up in the cord hanging down from the lamp on top of the bookshelf. I asked him how he got all the way over there and told him that we better get his foot out of that cord before he pulls the lamp down on top of himself. So, I moved him back to the middle of the room. In the meantime, Aden had moved to the other side of the room and positioned himself lying on his back, in the same place between the bookshelf and nightstand and had wrapped his foot up in the cord. I turned around to find him whimpering and saying "Aden foot in cord." So, I rescued his foot and picked him up. He had a big smile on his face and put his head on my shoulder. I guess Wiley isn't the only one that sometimes needs a little extra attention.

No comments: